Thursday, April 1, 2010

If faith is a gift, Merry Christmas, Becca!!



My faith in my Savior is coming alive in ways i longed for my whole life! I drove down that mountain (yes, i did take a wrong freeway and get lost... surprise! but i made it just in time) right into my Christian Surfer Girls monthly meeting. Those women (of which i am the youngest by 3 - 20 years) need Jesus to fix their lives in sooo many ways, like all of us do. That day i was energized to be facilitating a meeting where those needs could be met by God through the devotion we were going through. I had another woman facilitate the meeting, which allowed me to sit back and soak in the Spirit moving throughout the meeting. and it encouraged me to see her be challenged and grow from having to lead that meeting. i had faith in God to take care of everything, which is a challenge to me bc i like to get everything done myself. the Lord blessed me with faith and confidence in my surrender to His agenda.

the next weekend i had the opportunity to help lead about 40 lil girls from Bravehearts (lil girl's mentoring groups from Newport Mesa on wednesday nights) down to RawHide Ranch, a horse camp. i brought my guitar, which was just begging to be played around a bunch of energetic worshipful lil girls. so, i whipped out the G-Unit and they all gathered to learn
"Hallelujah"
It goes like this:
"Your love is amazing; steady and unchanging; Your love is a mountain firm beneath my feet. Your love is a mystery, how You gently lift me; when i am surrounded Your love carries me. Hallelujah! Your love makes me sing."
Those girls could sing forever.
the next day after dinner, one of the moms and i found ourselves talking about how we both felt lead to pray for one of the camp leaders, bc she was Unitarian, so we just decided to pray together about the situation right then and there. that prayer lead us into praying for the whole camp to be redeemed territory back to God, and that people could feel His presence there. well, that night, there was a campfire that would be lead by the camp leaders, which were not Christian. So, one lil girl asked if i could play outside. i ended up leading about 20 girls and 6 moms in worshiping God outside. we sang so loud that we overpowered the campfire leaders and their ridiculous chants. you know those seemingly innocent chants/cheers people know? well, i dont know what they were chanting, but at one point in time one of the leaders yelled out, "girls, say it louder, wake the dead!"
moms approached me later that night to tell me that there was a real difference in the overall mood of the group up at the campfire, and our group of girls that were worshiping. she said that God's presence was all over us, bringing peace and safety to where we were, but the campfire group had an spooky, anxious feeling.

Jesus was made famous that night!

there is so many more stories i could write about how i am hearing from God, being challenged, acting out and being blessed by that movement. i wish Kathleen could crawl into my brain, help sort through my thought cabinets, and write all my thoughts for me. K, youre so good at writing :)

but just know ladies that our beautiful, mighty, Savior Jesus, is madly in love with us with a love that is not romantical, but defines the very love He requires us to use in our romances. in our ministries, and all throughout our daily lives.
i am so encouraged by your insight! Christina, judges was a great challenge when i read through it too. i know what you mean, and you will learn a lot and be challenged and blessed. Nat, Jesus has never been more real to me since this year of celebrating Passover and becoming so so close to Him, to where i actually feel like i am seeing my best friend, my Ruler, and my King up on that cross, and now sitting victorious on God's right hand, preparing heaven for us. Kathleen, praise God for you!! you are being such a great mom!! don't let anything take you from those precious times with Benny-Boo reading God's word. Megs, i am inspired by your spunk to kick yourself in the butt. ha ha! that is what i need to hear!

i love love love you girls!!
peaceandblessings,
Becca

4 comments:

  1. Becca, the Lord does amazing things through you! Thank you for sharing more about the camp... wow how amazing that night must have been to truly feel God's presence right there among you. You and your guitar are such a gift! Keep encouraging and influencing the girls and their moms... you are making such a difference in their lives I just know it. Happy Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for you BECCA!! You never fail to blow me away with your zeal and excitement for the Lord, and that not only do you feel that way but you act on it leading other to His Kingdom. Lord, help me to be more like Becca!! :) I am so encouraged by your stories. May God continue to move in and through us and may we have the courage to actively respond to His callings. xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, this is so encouraging! wow! Praise God that you were able to be a light at that camp! and for giving you courage to play and praise him among others that were not believers! I find it so hard to stick out, I always selfishly just want to blend in! I'm so encouraged by this! Good job lady! Love ya, Megs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca, I love this! Faith is such an amazing gift that I have never thought to be thankful for. Thank you for this :)

    ReplyDelete