Friday, April 30, 2010

Disappointment


Why do we feel disappointment?


I was really struggling with this question all week. When something doesn't go my way I am disappointed, but why?!? I truly belive that I feel this way because our culture puts value on certin things.


My Pastor Brent was talking about Fortune, Fame, Pleasure, and Power. If we do not have these things then we are disappointed, and I am sooo guilty of this!


All of you, CLOTHE yourself with humility toward one another, because,

1 Peter 5:5 "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."


The best example of this was to take off your bib, and put on an apron (a pink one, a polka dot one, a cupcake one, a green and orange one, or one with lace :)


There was a book written, I wish I could remember the author, that told the story about those who served others while at the concentration camps, and it showed that those are the ones that survived. When we serve others how can we be disappointed?


We need to VOLUNTARILY place ourselves under God's hand in humility.


1 Peter 5:6 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may life you up in due time." IN DUE TIME.


Ask God, "what do you want to teach me today?"

3 comments:

  1. I just hung up with Natalie and we were having a two hour conversation about exactly what you wrote about. It always blows me away how God places the same things on all of our hearts!

    It is so true how we have expectations for our lives and when they do not happen we feel sad or disappointed. Yet God is the one who gives us our dreams and is the one who makes them happen. Any disappointments on the way, God uses to shape and mold our lives.

    Thank you for your blog

    xoxo
    AshB

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so amazing. You are so right. Sometimes we really just need to ask ourselves who we really trust and what we are living for. Its the simple things that kick our butts back into gear. Its all for God's glory. Period. End of story.

    Thanks for sharing your heart Nica :)

    xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good!! And it really is so crazy when we decide to serve others also and just see how being unselfish can be such a blessing to someone. And I also can't tell you enough how many times I get disappointed with stupid things. We are such selfish humans that believe we deserve things given to us.. so this was a good reminder that God is teaching us lessons throughout everything in life. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete