Friday, April 30, 2010

He is Bigger Than Our Fears.


















Hey guys, sorry I didn't post on my Tuesday.. but fortunately Mia who is full of wonderful insight did!

Anyways... this week has been really weird for me. I don't really know what it is, but I have been feeling very fearful this week. I am worried that part of my anxiety is coming back and that it will be hard for me to control (just being honest... even though I know this blog is public, haha!). I wanted to share something that Mia told me the other day that has really stuck with me and has actually helped me to calm down when I feel bouts of anxiety coming on. She just said, "God is so much bigger than that." And how true that is! It's soooo easy to be good with God when things are good. It's so easy to have little complaints, few prayer requests and an attitude of desperation towards our Father when our life is easy. Yet as soon as something overwhelming comes, we run to God. Not that this is the wrong thing to do, but shouldn't we always be desperate for God whatever our circumstance may be? When I think about my problems (and how insignificant they are) I put God next to them and just see how He is a million times bigger than them. How He has the power to throw those problems of ours out of the window so to speak. He created the universe, so why do I have such a hard time setting aside my worries to Him? In a strange way it's almost laughable when you think how much we stress about things we can't control, and how God has the ability to help us with them all.

I wrote down "God is bigger than all of my problems" and put it on my bedroom door this morning. It'll be the last thing I see when I go to bed and the last thing I see before I leave for work. This is truly the motto I need to live by with where I'm at right now in my life. He IS bigger, and not just by a bit. He absolutely covers those problems and has much more to give if I just allow Him to.

Thankfully, where I'm at in my spiritual walk is a thousand times different than where I was two years ago. I can honestly see the power of prayer, the benefit of turning to God, seeking Him, and I am beginning to finally understand faith. Of course I'm not even close to fully accomplishing complete faith in Jesus, but... I am getting there. Thank you girls seriously so much for your prayer. I am continually blown away by the outpouring of your care and love. I feel like God smiles down on it. This is what true friendship and fellowship is- it's like we are King David and his best friend Jonathan in the bible! Thank you!! Have a wonderful weekend.

love, christina.

p.s. the pic is of me planting a vine in samaria, israel.

Jeremiah 31:5:
"Again you will plant vineyards on the hills of Samaria;
the farmers will plant them and enjoy their fruit."

5 comments:

  1. Ok that was AMAZING! I will be covering you in prayer Twist as you rest in the fact and praise God for He IS bigger than all our fears! AMEN!! IT is soo true. I have really had that on my heart this week as well. He knows it all already and is the creator of the universe, so whom shall we fear? If you really think about that concept it is crazy we worry at all. Our lives are so small. Thank you for sharing. That was SO encouraging. I love you so much and am soooo jealous of your pic! INSANE that that is for real. Someday that will be me! xxoo- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had mentioned this on Saturday and I have been thinking a lot about this lady, and I keep getting reminders about anxiety everywhere I go! At school, at church, at my practicum, and I keep thinking and praying about you. Anxiety is so consuming, and I'm praying that you have a peace over your thoughts every day. "Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray" 1 Peter 4: 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO much for sharing Christina! Amen Amen! Covering you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That comment was from me, Mia. I should prob. create an account! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, Thank you so much for your honesty. Your heart and rawness is such a blessing. Thank you so much for the truth you are revealing to us. I love that reminder that you placed on your door. I want a constant reminder on the door of my mind, so whenever doubt, fear, anxiety try to enter the truth of God will stop it. I love you Christina, I will be praying for you!!

    Ash B

    ReplyDelete