Friday, April 16, 2010

Hope in Suffering


I was reminded in church on Sunday of how much people are truly suffering. Whether it is money, health problems, relationship issues everyone is seeking hope. Peter talks about some different ways to help you while you are suffering. We don't need to sit here and memorize all 4 ways... but if you can hold on to just one of these ways it will emind you that there is a reason and there is something bigger than what is causing pain in your life.


Peter 1:3- Our main focus is HOPE, through God's resurrection

Peter 1:4- Our INHERITANCE that we will receive in Heaven that is sooo much bigger than what we have here!

Peter 1:5- God's POWER and the trials he places in our lives that we will have to go through, but soon we will be rejoicing

Peter 1:7- Our relationship with him must be GENUINE; which keeps coming up for me.


One of the coolest verses I have is Peter 1:8 "Though you have not see him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy."


The Bible always talks about people who have seen Jesus first hand, and here we have an example of what WE are actually living out. A man we have not seen, yet we love him with everything we have.


PS Christina after I wrote this, I went to write to you on your facebook, an I think you have the verse up, so weird!

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much Nica. Thank you so much for those simple reminders. Sometimes I really just need to hang on simple concepts to get me through the day with the Lord. And these are such a beautiful promises to cling to.

    LOVE YOU!- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is so good. It is so great we can hold tight to God's promises when everything else in life is crashing down. And yes that is so crazy that the verse from Peter is on my facebook profile!! Such a great verse!

    ReplyDelete