Thursday, June 10, 2010

psalm 24

Psalm 24
"The Earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
for her founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.

Who may ascend the hill of the LORD?
Who may stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol
or swear by what is false.
He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior
Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob

Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
Who is this King of glory?
The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
Who is he, this King of glory?
The LORD Almighty-
he is the King of glory."

How powerful is this scripture? Natalie encouraged me to be dedicated to memorizing scripture so I started going through the Psalms looking for a small one to start out with (haha yes that was my main requirement...sad I know) I decided on this one because I liked that it was short but powerful. The more I am memorizing it the more powerful and amazing it is becoming! Literally days after I decided to start memorizing this it seemed that every lesson I have been learning in every area of life is that my life is NOT MY LIFE! My life is GOD's! "the earth is the LORDS and everything in it, the world and all who live in it"...yup that's me! Nothing here is mine, my house, money, husband, family, my breath and life, my future kids...none of it is mine, it's Gods! Wow seriously how powerful is that! pheeew! What a relief! I feel like the weight of the world was just lifted off my shoulders! I AM GOD'S! I may not have the support of family right now, or children, or money... but God has me and I have him!

I just LOVE the 2nd half of this scripture! "who can ascend the hill of the Lord? who can stand in his holy place? He who has cleans hands and a pure heart. Who does not lift his soul to an idol or swear by what is false" OK! I can do that! We can all do that ladies! We can have clean hands and a pur heart, here comes the challenge for me...do not lift up your soul to an idol...ok I'm working on it! Or swear by what is false...OK! Thank you LORD for giving us answers in your word and tools to be able to obey and lead a life for you!

And lastly, what is this all for? Who are we having clean hands, pure hearts, no idols, pure love for?.... the King of glory - the LORD Almighty.

Megs

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Megs!! I am SO proud of you! This is such a beautiful Psalm. I should memorize it too. What a gift it is to be able to carry the Lords word in our hearts and minds. You will be so encouraged by this practice. Love you!! Thank you for sharing and encouraging! xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. So powerful! I love this psalm. I love the way you broke it down! I want to memorize this psalm too! I love how God incorporates everything we are learning into our lives. love you Megs- Ash

    ReplyDelete