Thursday, June 24, 2010

90's theme songs...

Hi ladies,

I don't have anything super powerful or insightful to say tonight, but I have just been really trying to rest in God's perfect peace today (thank you God for granting me this!) I just wanted to encourage each of you to give your worries up to the Lord today, NOT an easy thing to do...

I was driving home and feeling a bit overwhelmed by some things when that totally cheesey 90's song "Fear not for I am with you, fear not for I am with you, fear not, for I am with you says the LORD" started coming out of my mouth. I have NO idea what possesed me to even think of that song and it wasn't until about 3 rounds in that I realized what words I was actually singing. HA I just started laughing that I was singing that cheesy song but also silently thanking God for sending me peace and a laugh at the same time. It was just the reminder I needed. FEAR NOT ladies, God is with you.

Now time to bust out the old 90's tunes..."My God is an Awesome God"...anyone??? hahaha Love you each so much! Love Megs

2 comments:

  1. Megs, I can totally picture you laughing to yourself while driving and singing. You would make my day if i drove up next to you...

    - Nica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs, this is so stinkin funny! I love it so much. Thank you...I read this a couple days ago and didnt get a chance to comment, but seriously was dying laughing. Its so true tho how much the Lord is faithful to take care of our every need. I love this reminder. oxxoox- N

    ReplyDelete