Monday, June 21, 2010

God IS SOOOO GOOD!


Before Jesus’ crucifixion, He walked with the disciples, teaching them His ways. We read the stories of the disciples learning that Jesus is the Messiah. And then we see their faith increase and they BELIEVE that Jesus is the Messiah. As we watch them grow, we see ordinary men with immature faith, become the disciples that spread the gospel into the world and read how many were martyr’s for their faith.

After Jesus’ resurrection, He appears to the disciples. In each gospel there are different accounts of conversations that Jesus has with His disciples. Though each Gospels report is different, each message is the same. We are to go and make disciples of the world. I had to ask myself, “Am I making disciples??”

In Mathew:
Jesus says, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. “ Mathew 28:19-20

In Mark :
Jesus says, “Go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them, they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mark 16:15-18

In Luke:
Jesus says, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things.” Luke 24: 46-48

In John:
Jesus asks Simon, “Do you love me more than these?” (Referring to the other disciples).
Simon answers, “Yes Lord, You know that I love You.”
Jesus responds, “Feed my sheep.”
Jesus then asks Simon again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?”
Simon responds, Yes Lord; You know that I love You.”
Jesus said, “Tend my sheep.”
Jesus asks Simon a third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?”
Simon responds, Lord You know all things; You know that I love You.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.”

In our Christian lives we have spent years, “walking with Jesus” and “learning His ways.” Our faith has increased and we believe that He is the Son of God. At times I wish I could stay in this place forever. But we are called to share the amazing truth that God loves everyone and that He wants to be the God of the world. I know that the church has a bad rap. And a lot of reasons are legitimate; greed, power, selfishness, hate, and sexual sin, have come into the church and defiled Gods image.
As Christians we are the Church, so we can change the image of the Church. In all of the Gospels the last reported message that Jesus told His disciples, was to go and spread the gospel, go tell everyone you know about Me, go feed the Gospel to My people, tend My people and care for them in My name. I believe that Marks account is the most amazing. Jesus says that the sign that we believe in God is that we will be doing God’s work; casting out demons and healing the sick.

God please help us to make disciples of your people.

3 comments:

  1. Ash, I just love how God has put on your heart so strongly the need to be a whitness and be couragous and share his love. Thank you for pointing out to me that it is not an option but a necessity. This is probably the hardest area for me! EEEEKKKKK!! Thank you for this post Ash, I have alot to work on! Love you, Megs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, this is so convicting, and in the same way a reminder of what we had just talked about last Thursday. How we sat outside of In N Out and looked inside at people sitting there eating, and wondered do those people even know who Jesus Christ is, do they even know that he exist. There are so many people out there that don't know him, and to think we have such a joy in Christ that we should be willing to share that with anyone. I think it is so amazing that your post kind of goes hand in hand with my post about disciples. God truly has put us on the same path and for that I am forever grateful to him and truly blessed... Love Ya Ash!
    -Shyneface

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buggy, This is so powerful and so convicting. I have SOOO much work to do to really be living out the word. Just today I failed once again at really responding to the calls that I was given to share Christ. I fail over and over. Thank you again for our talk yesterday. You teach me more and more about what it looks like to live a God fearing life everyday. I cannot thank the Lord enough for always teaching you things so you can share them with me. I need to be reminded everyday that the bible isnt a suggestion its the only way. I love you. Thank you for your obedience.

    Love you- N

    ReplyDelete