Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Joining with Heaven

I have been singing this song "Revelation Song" for the past week now on repeat. Over and over and over again. For those of you who dont know my music tendencies I take new songs and listen to them probably 100 times before I even think of moving on. And I am not exaggerating. Maybe the numbers are higher.

This song in particular has just ROCKED my world. This isnt a new song. I am sure some of you or all of you have sang it before or know it quite well. As I listened and sang along, I was reminded of what it will be like in heaven, when we see the creatures who never stop saying "Holy holy holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is and is to come." What a beautiful picture Revelation depicts for us, that we get a glimpse into heaven and the joy of worshiping our Creator who sits on the throne forever and ever and ever.

As I sing this song it brings so much joy to me because I am getting to join in with those creatures, angels, and heaven for a few minutes to sing the same words "Holy holy holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is and is to come." How powerful is that, that we can have a little bit of heaven here on earth and for those few minutes there doesn't seem to be any gap between the two places at all.

I pray you are all blessed by these POWERFUL words of this song.

Revelation 5:13- " Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them singing, " To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb, be praise and honor and glory and power forever and ever!"

xoxo- N

2 comments:

  1. so powerful. Cannot wait to be with our creator and be just so blown away by his presence that all we can do is just bow down at his feet and praise Him. Wow, we cannot even begin to fathom just how powerful that will be. Love this post, helps remind me to keep my eyes on the cross throughout my day! Thanks.

    ps, I do the EXACT same thing with my music! It drives David crazy! I will listen to the same song for like a month before I am ready to move on! hahaha Megs

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing that you would decide to write about Heaven the night my Grandpa passed away. Thank you Natalie i needed to be reminded to not be selfish and want him hear... but to remember where he is!!

    -Nica

    ReplyDelete