Monday, June 7, 2010

"L" is for the way you...

Hi ladies, I was reading 1corinthians 13, the love chapter and feeling pretty convicted about how I react very unloving to alot of situations. I decided to write down each word on a notecard (Ex "love is patient" on one card, "love is kind" on the next card...and so on) and I keep it by the sink so I see it everyday. I'm really trying to focus on responding the correct way in challenging situations. (sidenote...I have noticed I really suck at patience because I am still stuck on the FIRST card! hahaha) Anyways I started reading the chapter again and realized I really need to focus this kind of perfect pure love towards my God, not just people in my life. In my journal I went through and wrote out what that means for me in my life, how I can be more loving and respond in a perfect love towards God. The entry below is directly from my journal so it obviously applies to my life. Just thought I would share with you ladies though, hopefully it encourages each of us to concentrate our time and daily lives on perfecting the way we love our God. Talk soon, Megs



Love is Patient= waiting for ur will for a baby
Love is Kind- will give u the time &attention u deserve. Will be considerate &listen to u...not just talk
Love does not envy- will not be frustrated when things happen I don't understand. I know u have the power to fix it &choose in ur wisdom not to. Will respect and love that
Love does not boast/is not proud- will put YOU first &not boast in myself It is not rude- will stop coming to u when convenient or when I feel like it. But will faithfully be there It is not self seeking- will be thankful of YOUR will, not my own
It is not easily angered/It keeps no record of wrongs: will not blame you when things go wrong or not my way.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth: I will hate what is evil and cling to what is good. Because I love you, I love truth and light.
Love always protects: I will defend your name, I will be couragous in you LORD. I will speak about your love to others.
Love always trusts/always hopes: I will trust in your perfect timing for my life. I will trust and hope to one day be able to get pregnant and be a mom. I will trust you will be there no matter what, even if that never happens. I trust and place my hope in knowing you have given me the desire to be a mom and that will be fulfilled somehow.
Love always perseveres/love never fails: I will love you when I am joyful, when I am in trials, when I am hurting, when I am confused. No matter what, whether I understand what's going on in my life or not I will love you.



1 Corinthians 13:
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

2 comments:

  1. Megs, this was TOO cool! WOW, I have never even thought about turning it around like that and loving God the way I try to love others. What a concept!!! Why do we not think of these little things. I LOVE THIS!! And I love the way you made it so personal and really applied it to your life in ways in which you could truly love God. I gotta do this! Thank you for being so transparent and sharing your heart with us. I love you so much and God totally speaks through you straight to my heart! xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs, I needed to hear this so Bad. Thank you for your honesty. You always point out areas in my life that I never knew I needed to work on. I never even thought about the way that I love GOD. I am going to write all of these out as well! I love you Megs. thank you for your constant encouragement.

    ReplyDelete