Friday, June 25, 2010

Goodbye


Hello Ladies,
On Wednesday night my Grandpa Frank passed away. It was something that that I will never forget in my life. What a man of God my Grandpa Frank was. He was more generous that I can even tell you, and has touched so many lives in his 88 years.

He was diagnosed with cancer over two years ago and we have watched him slowly pass ever since then. On Tuesday last week hospice came in to take care of him. It was then that we finally realized that he was ready to go. I got to see him last Saturday as he was peacefully in his bed. We got to pray over him and we said our last goodbyes. This past Wednesday we received a call saying that we needed to come over to his house in Pasadena. We walked into his room, and saw him in his rented hospital room. He looked so peaceful. He was right next to the window and had the breeze and sunshine on his face. There was about 12 of us gathered around him praying, and singing his favorite praise songs (as well as Dean Martin, his favorite). The hardest part was watching my grandma kiss his head saying "It's ok Frankie, i'll be alright please go with Jesus." My grandma is a rock. Within an hour of us getting there, his breathing started getting deeper and louder. Hospice (angels) told us this was normal. His nurses spent hours with him at night reading his Bible to him, how amazing is that?! At 5:35 he took his final breath. One long breath and he was gone. He is no longer in pain and is now rejoicing in Heaven with his first wife and my Grandpa.

Please continue to pray for my grammy. This is her second husband that she has lost, but she is now 88. Her and Franko have prayed ON THERE KNEES every night since they were married 20 years ago. Wednesday night was the first night she had to pray by herself... still on her knees.

"The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk wprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death."
Isaiah 57: 1-2

4 comments:

  1. Nica, I am bawling my eyes out reading this. Your precious grandma. So amazing they prayed on their knees every night together. How powerful. Love you so much, we are covering your family in prayer Nica. Love Megs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I am so touched by your strength during this hard time. Praise God that your grandpa knew Jesus. Such a blessing to know that Grandpa Frank is in paradise. I will be praying for your Grandma and that she is comforted with a peace that only God can bring.

    I love you Nicole- Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole

    I am so so sorry for this, this story was definitely hard to read, but at the same time I felt a peace for you. That is so wonderful how much Grandpa Frank loved the Lord and now gets to be with Him for all eternity. I will be praying for you and your family and for God's strength and comfort to be with you guys during this time. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nica, I love you so much. Praise God your family knows the unfailing love and perfect grace of Jesus. I am SO SO sorry for your loss, as I always say we were never designed to handle death so losing ones we love is not ever an easy thing. Your precious and God fearing Grammy.... praise God she still gets on her knees and praises the Lord through EVERY season of her life. May we all learn how important and powerful it is to still worship God even when it isnt easy just like your Grammy and get on our faces before our only Wise King. He still has our life in His hands even when our fleshly eyes cant see it. Praying for you and your family as you adjust to have a missing part of your life here on earth. May Yahweh Shalom cover you and your family with a perfect and grace filled peace that is beyond what we know to be anything we can obtain without the Lord. I am so sorry for your loss, but rejoicing that your Grandpa is finally whole with His Maker.

    Love you, Natalie

    ReplyDelete