Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Je-shush (by Kathleen)

Every morning I read to Bennett from his toddler bible. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary today. I sat down next Bennett eating his Kashi while I sipped my coffee and disgusting Dr. Oz green drink smoothie. I opened up to the New Testament and as soon as Bennett saw the picture of Jesus, he replied," Oh, Je-shush." Shocked, I second-guessed my precious child's intelligence by asking," WHO is that, Bennett?" He (again) responded," Je-shush." I cried. I thought the best day of my life would be when Bennett says," I 'wuv' you, mama." And that day will be pretty special but today certainly takes the cake. Nothing compares to God revealing himself in your little child's life. Not even an "I 'wuv' you."

4 comments:

  1. I left a comment earlier but for some reason it didn't post...hmmmm

    Anways, just wanted to say this is so precious and I loved reading this! I'm sure this is one of the most proud moments a mother can have! So sweet! Love Megs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath, what an exciting day!! Oh my GOODNESS, the LORD loves His children SO much doesn't he? This is soo soo cool. Keep building little Benny to know the LORD because God will totally keep revealing himself to your precious little man :) Love you and am so proud of the Godly mother that you are.

    xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate. Brayden looks at his kiddie Bible and says "Jeshush" too! He also does this thing when we ask him "Where does Jesus live?" He thumps on his chest and says "heart!" Makes a mama's heart melt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carry, that is sooo sweet :) I can totally hear little Brayden's voice saying "Jeshush" too hahaha so precious! Love these babies! Megs

    ReplyDelete