Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Okay, You Can Laugh About It (by Kathleen)

"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to."

"If you prove to be a talented church volunteer, you'll be 'volunteered' for everything. But if you're really, really talented, you'll be able to get out of it."

"Every sunrise is my little way of saying, 'Lighten up!" (God)

"One day it happens, you think to yourself,' You know? That music is kind of loud,' and you turn it down."

Christian Fellowship Church (sign): "Church parking only. Trespassers will be baptized."

Which was more disillusioning realizing that there was no Santa Clause or that 'cleanliness is next to godliness' was not, in fact, in the bible?"

"Was Mary's sister Martha bitter because she got stuck with the old-lady name?"

"Why is it that when we talk to God we are praying but when God talks to us we are schizophrenic."

St. John's Catholic Church (sign)" "Now open between Christmas and Easter."

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves for you will never cease to be amused."

*** Compilation of quotes from Christian writers, church billboards, pastors and bumper stickers from the book Laugh a Day ***
______________________________________

I wanted to do a light-hearted blog. It seems that most of you are pretty stressed, fearful, overwhelmed, anxious and insert self-induced problem (here). So I wanted to remind you that in the scope of humanity and eternity.... your problem is really.... not that big. Sorry to admit it ladies but it's true (Confession: I have to remind myself of this truth all the time). So please, for the sake of your male partners and mothers, stop stressing out about it! Try and see the positive and laugh about what is so incredibly absurd. Like my pop always says," If you can't laugh at yourself, then you can't laugh," so start laughing. And like my other father says,"Who of you can add a single hour to your life by worry?" (Luke 12:25) and stop worrying.

I promise that you will always have stress in your life. I promise that your stresses will always get bigger. I promise that in 10 years what mattered today will seem like a tiny matter in comparison to what will matter then. I promise that "will be, will be." I promise that God is in control. And (saved the corniest for last) I promise that "If God is your copilot, then it is time to switch seats."

No comments:

Post a Comment