Monday, May 17, 2010

Genius God (by Kathleen)

“You alone [are] the LORD; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You.” – Nehemiah 9:6

As many of you know, I am a self-proclaimed history buff. Therefore, I l-o-v-e the History Channel. It has many of my favorite television programs, particularly, the show, “How the Earth Was Made.” It showcases different areas of the earth and how these places uniquely came into existence. One episode I viewed was about Yellowstone and how the national park was originally a volcano. The volcano erupted and the remains left various “hot spot” type geyser in the valley. The most famous geyser is Old Faithful. Another episode was about the Alps and how the tectonic plates of Africa and Europe collided to create the Matterhorn. The last episode I watched was about Iceland, the largest volcanic island in the world. This episode literally, blew my mind.

Below the earth’s surface of Iceland is a 500-mile tunnel of molten lava. The country’s land mass is situated perfectly over the tunnel which is what causes all of its volcanic activity (most recently, the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull.) In addition, an eruption below the sea surface in 1963 caused the earliest known landmass to form, the island of Surtsey. It was fascinating to learn about all the elements, which collided, combusted and came together to form the earth we live in. An inch here or a mineral absent there would have entirely changed the framework of living organisms.

The show (and the world we live in) perpetually humbles me to the brilliancy of our God. It took absolute genius-ness to bring together the universe and all that is within it. Personally, I think the show should be titled “How the Earth Was Created: an Exploration of a Genius God” because our God is so mighty. He spoke an entire world into existence. A world comprised of elements, compounds, minerals and gases that work in perfect partnership to sustain a beautiful universe…. What a genius God we worship.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN KATH! Do we serve a Creative God or what!!?? I LOVE this! SOOO MUCH! I see God as a Creator above all and I am so on the same page as you! I love those shows too. I dont know how anyone doesnt look at the incredibly, meticulously hand crafted universe we live in and not see a Creator written all over it. He truly blows my mind with His Glory. Thank you for this. SO GOOD! xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more that I study science the more I cannot help but worship GOD. He is such a genius! Such a good reminder Kath. I miss you lets meet up soon!!

    Ash B

    ReplyDelete
  3. It truly is AMAZING how God has completely designed everything in existence, and it all works in perfect harmony. If our Creator can do this, than He can surely take care of us! Thank you for this reminder!!

    ReplyDelete