Thursday, July 15, 2010

Seeking GOD

Hi ladies, I'm doing a devotional w/a new friend (Yay I have a friend!!! haha) called Discerning the Voice of God by Pricilla Shirer/ It is amazing, my first week in It looked like it was just fill in the blank and I was totally bummed b/c I HATE those type devotionals but it's not! We watch this amazing black woman preacher give an awesome sermon then on our own we do the book study each day. Anyways if any of you guys are looking for a good study out there, I have really been learning alot! I have been craving wisdom from the Lord and discernment, I just want to know what God wants for me to do! This book has been very helpful and such a tool in taking me back to scripture and showing me how to discern God's voice from my own desires or conscience. It's teaching me all about the power of the Holy Spirit, so amazing!


Anyways, I'm done with my rant! haha In reading along this morning something really stuck out to me, she said, "No longer do I frantically search for God's will; I frantically search for God. "....there was a lot more but this one line stood out to me. I think I have always felt it is MY job to get wisdom, and my job to discern God, and my job to find God's will and I'm realizing I am not giving God enough credit with that thought process. Yes it is my job to act on those things when God gives them to us, but all those things come from God. If I frantically seek a deep, intimate, true, relationship with God and am devoted to meditating and learning his Word, naturally He will show me his will, give me wisdom, and his discernment.



Psalm 46:10 says "Cease striving and know that I am God"

This verse is so beautiful. Know that I am God. Acknowledge that, believe that, and act that out...He will meet us where we are at. He knows our hearts, our desires, our actions. All he ask of us it to KNOW that He is God. Love this!



Romans 8:5 Those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.

this verse I am trying to keep close to my heart all day long. I pray everyday for God to mold my heart to the woman he wants me to be. This verse says if I am controlled by the Holy Spirit then I will naturally think and act in a please way to the Spirit. There is no hidden secret just surrender our hearts up to God and our actions will naturally follow!



I'm a little all over the place today in this post but I am just so excited about what God is showing me and placing on my heart. I have been craving wisdom...but not craving God. Seems SO obvious now, why did I not realize this years ago! I pray this post is clear enough for you guys to follow and want you each to know I have been praying over EVERY single one of your hearts (even our new blog followers! :) I am praying for God to reveal our true hearts to ourselves (we are often the LAST ones to see the truth in ourselves!) Praying for God to reveal himself to each of us, praying for us to seek him in everything throughout our days. Remember to be in constant prayer ladies, how better a way to get close to our Father than through praying, listening, meditating on HIM!!!



Love you all so much, God is so good

Love Megs

2 comments:

  1. Megs, this post was AMAZING!! I truly dont have words to even respond to such a powerful post that just screams with truth. WOWWWW!! Praise God for the things He is revealing in your life that you get to pass on to us. You are so right on, we need to crave God not God's wisdom. OF COURSE!! I have never thought about that and that is all I do!! I always want the Lord to take me to the next level and I try to be in the Word and just find something that the Lord will teach me but I am not really seeking Him I am seeking His word. Just like we have to learn to worship the Creator not the creation. Such a simple concept, but such a hard thing to keep close to our hearts and focused on. This was soooo what I needed to hear. Praise the Lord for your words today. I needed this. Thank you Megs! I love you!

    xxooxox- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan- Thank you for this! Praise God that he brought you a friend to do a study with. You will grow so much in your friendship because it is so intimate to have a friendship based on the LORD. I no longer frantically search for Gods will I search for GOD!!

    Needless to say this is really powerful! We put such a focus on searching for GODS will instead of searching for GODS will.

    Thanks my sweet Megs! I love you

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete