Friday, July 30, 2010

Psalm 27:10


Every Monday I meet with a group of girls from school to discuss a heavy book we are reading for our class. This week we ended up talking about Psalm 27:10. It's amazing where discussions lead a group of girls, so many different topics!! Back to the verse:


"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me."

"WHEN my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up."



I really had to read this verse over and over. The first thought that came to my head is this verse magnifies God's love towards us, which passes even the most tender love of parents for their own children. The second thought I had was wow.... WHEN my father and mother forsake, renounce, turn away from me entirely, God will be there. Not a matter of if, or maybe sorry if this happens to you, but WHEN because it is going to. During our discussion it really made me think of how many people are put into my life to add additional support other than my parents when my parents can't be there for me. I started to look at each individual friend, family member, teacher, peer, and the Lord to see what they have done for me when I didn't even realize it. What comes to mind when you read this verse?

1 comment:

  1. when our parents "forsake" us, does this mean ultimately when we die? i am having a hard time comprehending what the "when" means because say our parents in our lifetime never really forsake or leave us, what does this scripture mean? or does this just mean in circumstances where our parents are there for us or we feel forgotten, that God is always there?

    so interesting because i never would have thought about these things with this verse before!

    ReplyDelete