Monday, July 19, 2010

the Power of Prayer

Often I am overwhelmed with the idea of prayer. I mean, you are talking to God.. and He is listening to everything you say. If you really think about it you realize just how incredible that is. No prayer request goes unanswered and no cry for help is unheard. A lot of the times when I'm praying, I take a moment and just marvel at how amazing it is that He is hearing every thought and word that comes out of my mouth. It sounds so obvious, but it still amazes me how God hears us!

I was reading about King Hezekiah yesterday and how he lived his life faithful to the Lord. He destroyed all of the shrines and idols and turned to God for help in everything he did. That stuck out to me because shouldn't that be the way we live our lives too? Our first reaction to a problem or situation should be prayer. Prayer for guidance, peace of mind, relaxation; whatever the case may be. In my bible it said this, which I love: "Our problems are God's opportunities."

With faith and in accordance to God's will, our prayers can change any situation. Just thought I'd share that encouragement this morning, when I feel like I have a 3 page list long of prayer requests and questions I have for Him!

Love, xtina cupcake

3 comments:

  1. So true Xtina!!! Prayer is SO powerful! God hears our cries! The Old testiment is full of examples of God changing his mind because of the prayers and pleading of men. I love that you said sometimes I just sit and marvel at this! Wow, what an amazing way to just meditate on the Lord and his power! I am going to do that more! Thanks Xtina, beautiful post! Love Megs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Xtina Cupcake-

    haha I feel like I am responding to a self help column.

    Anyways,

    You blow me away with your insight. I love how GODS shows everyone things that I would never think of. I think because I grew up in a house that prayed I never grasped the fact of the miraculousness (I don’t know if that’s a word) of prayer. I am getting worked today by all of the blogs I am catching up on!!

    Wow I feel like you just revealed such an obvious concept to me that I had never even realized. God hears all of the words that come out of our mouths.

    I love you Christina Cupcake!! I miss you :)

    Ashby

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Our problems are God's opportunities" ahhhhh I LOVE that!! SOOOOO true and soooo cool!!

    Thank you for this incredible post to just get us back on track with the things that we take for granted all the time. It is a marvelous thing that God hears our every word! What a blessing and an honor. I needed to be reminded of the power of this concept, because so often I can take the great things of God and make them very normal and small. And they are anything but that. He is magnificent in every way!!

    Praise the Lord for these revelations!! I LOVE YOU Twistie Cupcake!!!

    xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete