Thursday, July 15, 2010

On My Knees

The other day I was helping Anthony clean up his place for our friends to come over and have dinner. I was in the bathroom and was sooooo shocked (Yes old roomies, you know it's true) to see my dark, thick, long hair all over the bathroom floor. Gross. So I got on my knees and decided to spend some clearning time in the bathroom. 20 towels later, I then noticed a hair band I lost the other day, and some pins. Which led me to the other room and I found a bracelet. It's amazing what you find. On your knees it's amazing the things you didn't see before.

I was thinking spending some quiet time either cleaing, reading, running, sitting, whatever it is, allows God to reveal certain things to us. "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way."
Psalm 139:23,24. Kinda cheesy, but when we see dirt, reveal it to God.

PS I just noticed that all my little comments i've posted in the past two weeks never saved.ugh. Computers, I don't like you.

Love you all
Nica.

5 comments:

  1. Nica, I loved this post! It was not cheesy at all, it was beautiful and such a great reminder. thank you so much. Megs

    ps so sorry your comments havn't been posting! Such a bummer. That has happened to me a few times recently as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Nic! I guess thats another reason why Grammy & Frankie were on their knees every night praying for all of us! It's humbling, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There really is something about being on your knees while praying. I will always remember Natalie saying how she felt God was telling her to start praying on her knees... the times that i do are really special. there's no distractions, no chance of accidentally falling asleep; it's just you and God. This was a good reminder to do that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious that your Grammie and Frankie prayed on their knees everynight. I LOVE that! Megs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post Nica. On my knees before the Lord is the most precious place I can be. I dont think there is anything more intimate with the Lord than submitting physically to his renown and majesty. We serve such a worthy God that deserves all the humility and submission we can possibly offer Him. May we all find ourselves on our knees before the Lord just like your Grammy and Frankie. They really knew what it looked like to worship the Lord. This was SO powerful. Thanks Nica for reminding me where I need to be tonight. (and all my days to follow..)

    xoox- N

    ReplyDelete