Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What is TRUE Peace?

Hi girls!! Look who it is... ME! Yikes, I was even having a hard time logging in because I momentarily forgot what our password and login was.... but I figured it out :)

I wanted to share with you girls what I was reading last week, and what stuck with me. My bible study did a fast the Thursday before Thanksgiving, and we were told to read Philippians 4:2-9 five times and really try to see and understand what God may be trying to tell us. I was ecstatic because Philippians 4:6-7 is my ultimate favorite verse! It is the most powerful and effective verse to me no matter where I'm at in life. If I'm stressed, anxious, confused, happy, grateful, etc, it is an amazing 2 verses. But this isn't what I learned. I saw and read something new in the second part of verse 4:9:

"And the God of peace will be with you."

We have heard this, right? The "God of peace." And I often pray for peace in my heart and mind when I'm especially anxious. But what is peace? I always associated peace with happy thoughts or having life run smoothly, with no problems or altercations. Except, this isn't what peace really is, if you see it in God's terms. True peace is fully knowing, acknowledging and believing that God is in control, no matter what the circumstance may be. Your life could be absolutely upside down, but if you have the faith and belief that our Lord is in control of it, you WILL be at peace. Peace is not what I always thought it was: the absence of problems or stress, and it is not gained by just thinking good thoughts. It's to truly realize that our Creator knows our lives and that He is ultimately in control, no matter what it may seem.

Love you all so, so much!

Christina

2 comments:

  1. XTINAAAAAA!!!! (and Puppy!) LOVE reading your posts! Love this blog, God has really been teach David and I a lot about His peace that can only come from Him. Our devotional this morning was about resting in God's peace no matter what the circumstances, I love that when I logged onto our blog, you had blogged about the SAME thing! Thank you for sharing! Love you! Megs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, Thank you for sharing this verse! I need to read it 100 more times to really meditate on the last part that you wrote. I often associate peace with perfection, when in fact they are such different things. Thank you LORD for being our true and perfect peace. I pray for peace on earth. Christ in flesh to dwell among His people!

    love and miss you
    xoxo
    ashBy

    ReplyDelete