Friday, November 19, 2010

Following a Pepsi Truck

I was driving yesterday when a huge Pepsi truck pulled out in front of me. Ever get super annoyed that YOU have to be the one behind the semi? There was no way around and I couldnt see anything in front of me. I was already running late so with the anticipation of every stop light, I was totally annoyed. I kept straining my neck to try to look over the truck or around it, as if 2 inches were going to get me 12 feet above or around this truck, yet no luck.

I thought about what I was doing I thought to myself, "Really Natalie, what difference does it make if you can see where you are going. It isnt going to change whether you stop or go at each light. Just follow the truck. Its gonna tell you what you need to do."

I instantly was reminded by God, this is the story of my life. Here is God SO much bigger than I, ahead of me and I am always trying to see around or ahead of Him. I just wanna be in control. If I can see, I think I have it all under control. The thing is though, is if I just follow Him and trust He is gonna lead me, I can relax and knowing He will make the best decisions for my life. I was totally challenged by this big semi, being a physical representation of a role God's plays in my life. It was just a good reminder to remember that we dont need to see and know everything in our life. We dont need to know right now what is lying ahead of us, because God can see it and He will lead us there when the time is right. Until then, I will follow obediently and confidently knowing Our God is the wisest driver on our road of life :)

I just got Chris Tomlin's new CD " And If God is for Us" It is SO good and this song " I will follow you" totally goes in line with what the Lord was teaching me. I love the words to this song. I pray you guys are blessed.

Love you girls, and praying you will trust God enough in your own lives to follow Him blindly knowing He will provide and lead you.

xoxo- N

2 comments:

  1. No joke, I too was stuck behind a Pepsi semi truck on my way home yesterday! Good perspective...I need to remember that next time I am on the road and annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed to hear!! Thank you for this clear picture. I need to be a follower!

    xoxo
    ff

    ReplyDelete