Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bread and not a stone!

Mathew 7:7-12

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives;he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

God has really been placing these verses on mine and David's hearts through this period of job searching and finances. I just love how he tells us that we are sinners and evil yet we know how to give gifts and love to those we love, so why would we ever doubt that our God and Father, who loves us more than we know, would not take care us! It may not be the way we have planned or how we thought we want, but we are finding comfort in knowing God knows JUST what we need and how to take care of us! He will not give us a stone instead of bread! Hope these verses speak to you ladies in your lives right now. God is so good and so faithful! Love you all, Megs and Baby B!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Megs for sharing these. I LOVE these scriptures and totally need reminding every day that I can be learning to share more love with those around me as well as trust that the Lord is moving in my life and taking care of the things that are uncertain. I love that the Lord is leading you and David into such a place of dependency on Him. It is really beautiful to watch. May He do the same in all our lives. Thank you for sharing your heart with us Megs. It blesses me so much! xo- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    These scriptures were such a blessing and so comforting for this instant second I needed that reminder. I am also struggling with finances and job searching, but was just reminded about God's love and the plan for SUCCESS He has for our lives. How lucky are we!?

    As much as we deserve stones, big, heavy, ugly stones, he gives us bread. Fresh bread, right out of the oven :]

    Hang in there Megan, our bread is right around the corner, I can smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love that way that the above comment put it! God wants to give us gifts that are good!!

    I love you mae mae and baby B!!! I am praying that God continues to speak to you are David as you are going through this trail!

    We are so lucky that God has a plan for our lives and it is GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, so excited you are joining in on the blog fun!!! So sorry you are struggling with job searching and finances...not a fun place to be at all! Praise God these verses were helpful to you ladies as well, I am finding such comfort in them again today. And Nat, your post on God refining us has been near to my heart all week. I know that God has NOT forgotten us, if anything he is closer now than ever. Love you ladies, Megs

    ReplyDelete