Monday, August 9, 2010

For such a time as this…

Last week I read the book of Esther. I have seen the play of Esther a few times, so I was excited to read this book with a clear picture in my head of what was happening. While I was reading through Esther the verse, “Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Really struck me, I had never read those words before and applied them to my own life. When I read them they spoke directly to me. For the first time I saw Esther as a real person. She was a young girl who was going to have to risk her life to speak up for her people and her God. She must have been terrified. Her life was literally on the line. How many times do I stay silent out of fear?


The truth is that we are all positioned in our lives for specific purposes. Wherever God has you, it is because no one else can take the place of you! God has called each of us by name and placed us specifically to love those around us and glorify Gods name for such a time as this. Although none of us are the queen of a nation, trying to save a whole people group from being destroyed; we are all a part of the kingdom of God appointed to share the message of Christ’s salvation to save the world. You may be placed in your job, family or circle of friends for such a time as this.

Luke 15:7 “I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.”


As the week continued the words, “for such a time as this” continued to play over and over again throughout the week. Every time that I felt sick or tired or uncomfortable to share Gods love, get on my knees and pray, or cry out to God on behalf of a friend, I would hear a small voice, “For such a time as this I have called you.” My sweet ladies I know that God has placed a high calling on all of our lives. We need to hold ourselves accountable to doing God’s work. Soon we will see our king and it will all be worth it!

I love you Girls!
Xoxo Ashby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EBSvFlBoIs

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was amazing. THANK YOU for always kicking my butt and reminding me of the high calling on my life. For such a time is this, and I need to take advantage of this time. I want to serve the Lord will all that I am, and NOW is the time. This was so beautifully put. So good Fefe. Thank you for sharing this and reminding me of my calling in this life.

    xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly... SOOO many times I stay silent out of fear. However, i've never had my life on the line. I can't imagine anyone else taking the place of my friends...

    Awesome Ashley!!

    -Nica

    ReplyDelete