Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PSALM 105...

God is just so powerful &faithful! Every time I open my bible it always opens to Psalm 105. Like every time, I will be using my moms bible, my grandmas, davids, mine, no matter what bible, I just open it &my eyes go to the first thing on there, Psalm 105. Its SO cool! 

I love the beginning of psalm 105 b/c I was really struggling with how am I supposed to pray? Do I ask for things, do I thank him, it just didn't seem like enough or that I was doing it right. It got to where I would just say "god I don't know what to say..." Then he started showing me psalm 105 over and over and over and over!
It says:
"Give thanks to the LORD call on his name"- I thought, OK I can do that... So I do start giving thanks to the Lord...
"Sing to him, sing praise to him" -so I close my eyes and start singing praises to God, whatever song is on my heart.
"tell of all his wonderful acts." So I start praising God and telling him all of the wonderful things he has done, all his wonderful traits...and so on...
"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice"- rejoice in the LORD! Give God glory! 
"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." Continue praying and praising and meditating on this throughout my day...
These verses are literally telling me exactly how to pray! In a step by step process: 1) give thanks 2) sing praise to him 3) tell of all his wonderful acts 4) rejoice in the LORD 5)seek his face ALWAYS...
God gave me the exact words I needed to regain confidence in praying to Him. I just start out following these steps and it's just so powerful and amazing! I am not kidding when I say EVERY TIME I open my bible, it is here, and I don't have it bookmarked to naturally fall open. So today I finish reading through Psalm 105 and praying this prayer... I decide to go back to 1 Chronicles where I am and continue reading there, I start where I left off, and guess what it is...
 1 Chronicles 16:7
"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make know among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always...." 
WORD FOR WORD the exact same verses as in psalm 105!!! God is clearly showing me that these words and praises are so important! Everywhere I turn I see them! Wow! I am just so blown away by God's faithfulness! Thank you Lord for showing me this again and again and teaching me how to praise you! I love you and praise you! Amen! 
PLEASE OPEN PSALM 105 RIGHT NOW AND READ! IT IS SO POWERFUL!!! Love you all, Megs

3 comments:

  1. does anyone know why my color text will not show up anymore? the last few posts I have done I will put the verses in a different color font than the other, when I preview it, it shows up...but when I post it, it's all just black! Boooo! -megs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs, this give me CHILLS!!! I LOVE THE LORD!!! Whoever doesnt believe that God speaks to His children are CRAZY because if we just tune in God He will blow your mind. I love that you have the ears, eyes and heart to see the Lord. It is such a gift. Praise the Lord that He is clearly captivating your heart and showing you what you need to read and hear over and over and over. I LOVE this!! I struggle with the same thing, just trying to figure out the best way to pray that glorifies God the most. It can be challenging. This was totally what I needed to hear too. I am going to write these steps out and go read Psalm 105 right now!! SO SO SO powerful!

    Lord, THANK YOU for loving us enough to reveal yourself to us OVER AND OVER AND OVER! You alone know our hearts and love us with an everlasting love that we cannot fathom. Keep pouring your truth on to our lives. We cant get enough of you. I pray that your Spirit would be so thick that we cant deny or question your presence in our lives. We love you Lord and praise you for pursing our hearts that long for you alone. In your precious and Holy Name, Amen.

    xoxo- N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the LORD for answering the cry of your heart! God is so so faithful to answer our questions. God is not a mystery that we will never figure out. He created the heavens and the earth and every living thing in it and they are all pointing to God. Crying out He made it all! He is waiting for us to discover Him, to know us deeper. Ask and it will be given, seek and you will find! Thank you LORD for being faithful to your sweet precious Megan!

    I too would love to use this model in my prayers!

    love you Meme and lil babe!!

    ReplyDelete